Committed to the furtherance of Accident Investigation as a distinct discipline supporting the Risk and Safety Management process, the Institute will….
- Uphold and advance the Profession’s Standards.
- Require members to comply with the Code of Conduct.
- Promote the Recognition and Professional Standing of its Members.
- Ensure Members are provided with meaningful training and development opportunities.
- Ensure Members are appropriately examined and provided with the means to remain theoretically and technically competent.
- Promote the benefits to Society and Industry of proactive investigation.
- Maintain a Centre for the reconstruction of accidents.
- Ensure that relevant parties are aware of research findings, encourage exchange of the same and the free and lawful movement of data relevant to the prevention of accidents.
- Form, maintain and expand allegiances with National and International Institutes and Bodies.
- Maintain and develop strong links with relevant Scientific and Academic Communities.
- Assist the Corporate and Regulatory drive towards fail-to-safe Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental, Security and Risk Management Systems.
- Maintain a Centre of Excellence for Learning, Research and Development.
The Institute is committed to the furtherance of Industrial Accident Investigation as a unique and distinct discipline supporting the International Risk Management process.
Become a Member
Apply online for membership.